Unfair rates, hidden fees and rigid terms characterise the financial industry. We believe people deserve better. Fairlo is on a mission to level the playing field and outsmart the predatory credit market by creating fair financial services from scratch. Since launch, our customers solve temporary cashflow needs in real-time at unrivalled rates.
With the aid of technology, we've created automated, easy-to-use services based on transparency and fairness. We pair our cutting-edge tech with unprecedented terms. Fair terms that continually beat traditional banks, popular credit cards and checkout solutions alike
The Tech hub in Heraklion is a vital part of the Fairlo family. It’s fully integrated as a branch and contributes to the Fairlo culture. As an employee in Fairlo's Tech hub in Heraklion, you can be sure that you are working for a company willing to invest time and commitment to create the hottest and most respected Tech hub in Heraklion and Europe!
Keep reading and apply to join us in our quest for fair financial services!
The way we work
We're a rapidly growing, dedicated team that believes in mutual respect and high aspirations. Our overarching goal is to simplify the complicated and always approach solutions asking ourselves: is this truly fair?
working for a company willing to invest time and commitment to create the hottest and most respected Tech hub in Heraklion and Europe!
You’ll be hands-on: building the core services, including integrations with AWS and other third party vendors. You’ll be part of all stages of the development process, from requirements to implementation and testing.
We’re looking for a developer with a curious mindset who is continuously striving to ensure that Fairlo’s technology is top-of-the-line.
Joining Fairlo means you'll:
- Get creative freedom along with the opportunity to build excellent services from scratch, choosing architectural and technical frameworks.
- Be part of building the financial world you’d like to live in.
- Get a competitive salary and benefits package. Plus educational expenses for courses or books, anything to make you better.
- High-end laptop and equipment.
- Live and work with colleagues from a top location in Heraklion.
- Option to work from home.
- 30 days vacation.
- At least 3 years of developing Node.js applications.
- A modern backend framework (Node.js, .NET core, JAVA). Knowledge of Node.js is preferred since our backend uses this technology.
- Working within an agile software development organization.
- Writing self-documented as well as clean and readable code with adequate test coverage.
- Working extensively with REST standards.
- Communication and collaboration in a professional workspace.
Nice to have:
- Strong knowledge of relational or non-relational database systems.
- Experience with API documentation (Swagger/Open API).
- Experience in TDD and other testing practices.
- Contributed to open-source projects.
- University and/or Postgraduate Degree in the field of Computer Science or related field of studies.
We’re searching for someone who feels comfortable working in a high performing and ambitious team, who’s eager to learn and develop their skills. You'll also need to be fluent in both written and spoken business English.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!