The Fairlo story begins thirty years ago with the family of our founders Jimmy and Shamon fleeing political turmoil and ending up in Sweden. Struggling to give her children all that they desired, Jimmy and Shamon’s mother took a small unsecured loan. It seemed like a good deal but it quickly turned sour as the loan increased in size in spite of the continuous payments.
Much later, having grown up, the two brothers revisited this incident and it became the spark that ignited the Fairlo vision. The fact that a trusted bank took predatory advantage of their family, when they were the most vulnerable, became the starting point of a quest to create a fair credit service.
Since the start circa six years ago, we've been working tirelessly to live up to the vision of an honest and easy-to-understand credit service. Without toxic terms, sneaky fine print, and nasty surprises.
With a strong vision and ambitious people, we’ve come a long way. However, we're still far from where we want to be. Our aim is to help millions of people get access to the tools they need to manage their personal finances.
In 2018 we launched our first-ever service: Fairlo Varda. To this date, Varda has helped over 40,000 people access a sustainable and beneficial credit line. With our second product, Fairlo Levla, we combined cutting-edge tech and modern behavioral science to give our customers access to a tool that encourages better financial health.
Today, we have offices in Stockholm, Heraklion and London and our team has grown to circa 55 people of different nationalities. We believe our diverse backgrounds and skills make it possible for us to achieve things others can only dream about.
In 2023, we’re going live in the UK and for this, we need your help.
About the role
We're looking for a Digital Marketer to work closely with our Marketing Manager, mainly with the CRM work, but also with other tasks that drive our projects forward.
In this role, you will be part of the Marketing Team and help with our communications efforts as well as execute ideas. You will play a crucial role in our digital and physical send-outs, both when it comes to the implementation as well as evaluation of our efforts. This is a role where you get the opportunity to learn a lot and work cross-functionally with marketing.
Previous marketing experience and education are considered a plus but not a requirement. This is an entry-level position and the most important thing is that you have the right attitude and enjoy a challenge. We do, however, require that you are someone:
- Who learns quickly. No matter if it’s learning how a program works or what different processes look like.
- With strong analytical abilities. Someone who uses data to generate meaningful insights that can be used for better decision-making.
- Who are goal-oriented. For this type of role, you have to be a doer. Being able to make things happen is a must.
- With great organizational skills. Keeping track of what needs to be done and how requires good project management skills.
- Who is a good communicator? As you have heard before, communication is key. Knowing when to reach out, to who, and with what information is necessary for a position like this.
- Drive the marketing team’s CRM efforts.
- Analyze data.
- Work cross-functionally to improve processes.
- Assist in other marketing activities.
Our company language is English but you also have to be fluent in spoken and written Swedish. An interest in writing is a plus.
Where you'll work:
This is a hybrid remote role. Our Swedish office is located on Kungsgatan in Stockholm.
We believe in finding people with unique backgrounds and perspectives ready to change the world through their visions. We hope we've piqued your interest.