We’re now looking for newly graduated developers and students with aspirations within development, with a curious mindset who will be continuously striving to ensure that Fairlo’s technology is top-of-the-line. Both full time, and part time combined with studies.
Unfair rates, hidden fees and rigid terms characterise the financial industry. We believe people deserve better. Fairlo is on a mission to level the playing field and outsmart the predatory credit market by creating fair financial services from scratch. Since launch, our customers solve temporary cashflow needs in real-time at unrivalled rates.
With the aid of technology, we've created automated, easy-to-use services based on transparency and fairness. We pair our cutting-edge tech with unprecedented terms. Fair terms that continually beat traditional banks, popular credit cards and checkout solutions alike.
We launched our tech hub in Heraklion, Crete and have had an amazing start with right minded top talents joining the success story. As an employee in Fairlo's Tech hub you can be sure that you are working for a company willing to invest time and commitment to create the hottest and most respected Tech hub in Greece and Europe.
Keep reading and apply to join us in our quest for fair financial services!
The way we work
We're a rapidly growing, dedicated team that believes in mutual respect and high aspirations. Our overarching goal is to simplify the complicated and always approach solutions asking ourselves: is this truly fair?
You’ll be hands-on: together with the rest of the team, building the core services, developing Node.js applications, including integrations with AWS and other third party vendors. You’ll be part of all stages of the development process, from requirements to implementation and testing.
Joining Fairlo means you'll:
- Get creative freedom along with the opportunity to build excellent services from scratch, choosing architectural and technical frameworks.
- Be part of building the financial world you’d like to live in.
- Get a competitive salary and benefits package. Plus educational expenses for courses or books, anything to make you better.
- High-end laptop and equipment.
- Work with colleagues from a top location in Heraklion.
- Option to work from home.
- 30 days vacation.
It would be great if you have experience from:
- A modern backend framework (Node.js, .NET core, JAVA). Knowledge of Node.js is preferred since our backend uses this technology.
- Working within an agile software development organisation.
- Writing self-documented as well as clean and readable code with adequate test coverage.
- Working extensively with REST standards.
- Communication and collaboration in a professional workspace.
It would also be nice if you have:
- Strong knowledge of relational or non-relational database systems.
- Experience with API documentation (Swagger/Open API).
- Experience in TDD and other testing practices.
- Contributed to open-source projects.
- University and/or Postgraduate Degree in the field of Computer Science or related field of studies.
If you don’t have all that experience yet - don’t worry, the most important part is to share our vision about creating a fair financial world together, and the eagerness to learn and develop your skills within a fast paced environment. You'll also need to be fluent in both written and spoken business English.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!