Lead Designer - creativity & user focus
Two brothers with artistic dreams. A mother with a hard will to give her children the foundation to realize them. A wallet with holes in it. The loan, which was the answer to everything, became the beginning of a disastrous journey. Because even though she paid back on time, the loan amount still increased. As did the hole in her wallet. An event that left its deep marks.
There and then, a seed was planted. A seed that has grown into a business built around mutual respect and fairness. Our solid values inspire us to consistently be innovative and create new services that surpass banks and well-known credit card brands. And the best part is we've just begun!
With innovative technology as our tool and our desire for equality as our energy, we've come far. But we're nowhere near where we want to be. Our ambition is to help millions of people get access to sustainable finances.
In 2018 we launched our first-ever service: Fairlo Varda. To this date, Varda has helped over 40,000 people access a sustainable and beneficial credit line.
With our second product, Fairlo Levla, we combined cutting edge tech and modern behavioral science to give our customers access to a tool that encourages better financial health.
Lately, we've spent time creating Fairlo Lösa, which allows all our users the ability to free themselves from unsustainable credits and buy-now-pay-later solutions with just a click.
We're also happy to have:
- Some of Sweden's most experienced business angels and investors share our vision and support our work.
- Won the annual accelerator program at Sting (Stockholm Innovation & Growth) in 2019, amongst a group of 19 hot startups.
- Put down roots in the UK. We'll be launching to the British public later in 2022.
- A team spread across three countries that's grown from 3 to 50 in just a couple of years. All working for a fair (lo) world.
- Over 3000 reviews on our Trustpilot page, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.0, combined with an exceptionally low customer churn.
- Not to forget; a competitive benefit package, a hybrid work model and a fun and caring culture that will help you to grow with us.
Are you our Lead Product Designer?
The Fairlo culture that we cherish and are very proud of, is characterized by truly caring for each other, teamwork, courage and respect - and of course a burning passion for trying to do good and be fair in everything we do. We are convinced our strong and kind culture is one of the main reasons for Fairlo's success. We are now looking for a natural team player and people-oriented superstar to join us as our Lead Product Designer and help us become an even greater place to be and the best global financial partner out there, all based on a culture of fairness.
What you’ll do:
- Lead & Create high-fidelity UI / UX design assets for features and products.
- Work closely, collaborate and communicate with the tech, product, marketing teams and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements and provide your thoughtful solutions & expertise.
- Integrate user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates.
- Maintain and evolve the design system with the design team and keep consistency across product and brand.
- Create user flows, wireframes to build user interface mockups, prototypes and iterating on them with product owners and stakeholders.
- Own all sides of design from concept to launch: storyboards, user flows, mockups, prototypes, and pixel perfect assets.
- Conduct user studies, competitive research and usability tests.
- Maintain consistency in visual elements and ensure that our design system and philosophy is applied across all the products.
- Make the user experience effortless & effective.
- Inspire, motivate, develop and bring out the best in all of us focused on teamwork & support.
- Thrive when your team thrives and that is why you support and mentor your team which makes you an inspiring leader.
We believe you have:
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in UI / UX, product design using creative tools like Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma and on top of best design practices.
- Prior experience in such a role making great software products from start to finish.
- Excellent portfolio of UI / UX design solutions across a spectrum of platforms and software products.
- Experience in user research, usability studies, personas.
- Familiarity with prototyping tools.
- Demonstrated experience working with a design system, its curation, maintenance, and dissemination.
- The ability to challenge ideas and think in new ways.
- Understanding or prior experience of fintech would be a plus.
- Excellent eye for detail and a self-motivated problem solver.
- Strong decision-making abilities.
Working proficiency in written and spoken English.
Where you'll work:
Stockholm office. You may also travel to other Fairlo offices once in a while.
We believe in finding people with unique backgrounds and perspectives ready to change the world through their visions. We hope we've piqued your interest.