The Fairlo story begun thirty years ago with the family of our founders Jimmy and Shamon fleeing political turmoil and ending up in Sweden. Struggling to give her children all that they desired, Jimmy and Shamon’s mother took a small unsecured loan. It seemed like a good deal but it quickly turned sour as the loan increased in size in spite of the continuous payments. Much later, having grown up, the two brothers revisited this incident and it became the spark that ignited the Fairlo vision. The fact that a trusted bank took predatory advantage of their family, when they were the most vulnerable, became the starting point of a quest to create a fair credit service. Since the start circa six years ago, we've been working tirelessly to live up to the vision of an honest and easy-to-understand credit service. Without toxic terms, sneaky fine print, and nasty surprises.
Unfair rates, hidden fees, and rigid terms characterise the financial industry. We believe people deserve better. Fairlo is on a mission to level the playing field and outsmart the predatory credit market by creating fair financial services from scratch. Since launch, our customers solve temporary cashflow needs in real-time at unrivalled rates.
With the aid of technology, we've created automated, easy-to-use services based on transparency and fairness. We pair our cutting-edge tech with unprecedented terms. Fair terms that continually beat traditional banks, popular credit cards, and checkout solutions alike.
The Tech hub in Heraklion is a vital part of the Fairlo family. It’s fully integrated as a branch and contributes to the Fairlo culture. As an employee in Fairlo's Tech hub in Heraklion, you can be sure that you are working for a company willing to invest time and commitment to create the hottest and most respected Tech hub in Heraklion and Europe!
Read on and apply to join us in our quest for fair financial services!
The way we work
We're a rapidly growing, dedicated team that believes in mutual respect and high aspirations. Our overarching goal is to simplify the complicated and always approach solutions asking ourselves: is this truly fair?
We are on the cusp of an exciting new venture — building our very first React Native application. We are seeking a skilled React Native Engineer who will not only drive this pioneering project to success but also collaborate closely with our established frontend team, ensuring seamless integration and optimal performance. As an early adopter of this project, you will have the unique opportunity to shape its direction, create its foundation, and make significant decisions that impact its users and our business.
Project Leadership: Take the helm in developing our inaugural React Native app, ensuring its robustness, scalability, and responsiveness.
Collaboration: Work hand in hand with our frontend team, understanding their workflows and integrating React Native processes seamlessly.
Design & Development: Architect, design, and implement high-performance application features in React Native.
Best Practices: Implement best practices and maintain high-quality standards for code, user experience, and overall app performance.
Continuous Learning: Stay updated with the latest in React Native and mobile development trends to ensure our app remains current and competitive.
Mentoring: Share your expertise with the team, fostering a culture of growth and learning.
- Proven experience with React Native and a deep understanding of its core principles.
- Past experience in leading or significantly contributing to a React Native project from inception to completion.
- Experience with testing frameworks and practices in the React Native environment.
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and mobile application ecosystems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a passion for innovative solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Joining Fairlo means you'll:
- Be part of the Fair technology fintech world, cooperating with high flyers & multicultural engineering teams.
- Get creative freedom along with the opportunity to build excellent services from scratch, choosing architectural and technical frameworks.
- Have the opportunity to travel to the headquarters in Stockholm or in one of our Tech Hubs.
- Be part of building the fair financial world you would like to live in.
- Have a competitive salary package.
- Educational expenses for courses or books, anything to make you better.
- High-end laptop and equipment.
- Live and work with colleagues from a top location in Stockholm, Heraklion.
- Hybrid working model.
- 30 days of paid holidays per year in top of bank holidays.
- 3 extra free sick leave days per year.
- Personal health private insurance.
We hope we've piqued your interest and are looking forward to your application!